4 most common ways to break your phone
1,000 Swedish mobile owners answered questions on the most common ways they have broken their phone. The conclusion? Beware of toilets, your partner, and try to keep your cool.
Stockholm, 19 September 2016 – Tech21 today announce the results from a survey they undertook, where 1000 swedes have answered questions about their smartphone usage and mishaps. The data form the survey tells us how we most commonly break our phones. If you are 18 to 34 years old the most dangerous activities for your phone seems to be drinking, losing your cool or texting on the john.
Top ways to break a phone (18-34 years old)
- Out partying – If you are between the ages of 18-34 chances are that you, or someone you know, have broken your phone while under the influence of alcohol. Tech21 study show that 1 in 4 says that they have damaged their phone while out drinking.
- Thrown in anger – The second most common way to break a phone is to throw your phone in anger. 1 out of 5 says that they have lost control and in anger thrown their phone resulting in breaking it.
- A swim in the toilet bowl – Phones do go with us everywhere and maybe that’s why dropping a phone in the toilet comes in at number three with 18 percent saying they have broken a phone this way.
- By your better half – You want to be able to share everything with your better half but sharing a phone can be troublesome. 17 percent says that their partner have damaged their phone.
Top overall reasons:
- When under the influence of alcohol – 12 percent
- By being dropped in the toilet – 11 percent
- By your partner – 11 percent
- By being thrown in anger – 10 percent
- Interesting enough the same four top results are on both lists but in different orders. This shows that at some point or another, we have all experienced our fair share of phone drops in the toilet, a moment of emotional distress and clumsy fingers. But all of these things are a part of our day to day life and not something we can avoid but we should be a bit more prepared for those awkward situations with an impact protection case by tech21, says Colin Woodward, global marketing director at Tech21.
There are many reasons to protect your phone, which is why tech21 continues to push the boundaries. Having introduced 3-layer impact absorption system along with its scientifically proven material, FlexShock™, an impact absorbing material which dissipates impact force, preventing it from passing directly through to the device. The new design increases drop protection on some of the cases by 50 percent, enabling them to now withstand drops of up to 3 meters, plus anything your kid, partner, pet or nearest millennial can throw at it.
About the survey
This survey was conducted by Netfluential for Tech21. It was an online survey with 1000 respondents from Sweden with an equal gender split. All respondents are over 18 and owns a mobile phone.
The new range of iPhone cases and screen shields includes:
- Evo Mesh and Evo Check – More protection. More personality. FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system means the advanced drop protection of Evo Mesh & Evo Check have increased by 50 percent, now with a 9.9 feet drop limit. Designs include a unique mesh or checkered pattern in a range of vibrant colors.
- Evo Gem – Protection in dazzling color. Available in a range of dazzling colors and featuring a stunning geometric design, Evo Gem protects in style. Thanks to FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system, Evo Gem offers 9.9 feet drop protection.
- Evo Tactical – Durable protection. Refined. Designed to endure the busy day ahead while complementing your smartphone’s premium and refined design. Evo Tactical’s drop protection has increased by 50 percent thanks to FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system that now offers 9.9 feet drop protection.
- Evo Wallet – More protection. More convenience. Revolutionizing the wallet category with a unique detachable screen cover and a 50 percent increase in drop protection thanks to FlexShock™ and an all-new 3-layer impact absorption system. Evo Wallet can now withstand drops of 9.9 feet while also being significantly thinner than previous versions.
- Evo Elite – Protection. Re-imagined. An all-new design and application technique means Evo Elite's sophisticated, iPhone® color matched finish is now significantly more durable with improved scratch resistance. Available in Rose Gold, Gold and Silver and with a 6.6 foot drop protection you can trust, Evo Elite can keep your phone as beautiful as the day you took it out of the box.
- Impact Clear – Protect. Reveal. Pound-for-pound, Impact Clear is our most protective case. The ultra-thin, lightweight design uses BulletShield™ impact protection material, used in bulletproof glass, while the inbuilt anti-yellowing technology keeps the case looking good for longer.
- Evo Tactical Extreme Edition – Durable protection. Designed to keep your phone safe and fully functional in the toughest environments, the Extreme Edition features our most robust impact technology, offering a 13-foot drop protection in a slim and lightweight package. Covers on all ports keep your device clean and free from dust and debris while giving you comfortable and precise access to all ports and function buttons.
Market leading screen protection
- Evo Glass – Unrivalled protection. Premium feel. Smooth and crystal clear, there’s nothing quite like the feel of premium glass. Thanks to incredibly tough tempered glass, precision polishing and etching techniques, Evo Glass offers unrivalled protection that is 3.5 times stronger than the market leader.
- Impact Shield Self Heal – Advanced protection. Enduring clarity. Designed with a reflowing polymer surface layer that smooths over day-to-day scratches and features BulletShield™ to absorb impact force, Impact Shield Self Heal leaves your screen smooth, crystal clear and highly protected.
- Impact Shield Anti-Glare – Advanced protection. Perfect clarity. By diffusing and scattering light, Impact Shield Anti-Glare's surface layer gives perfect clarity in direct sunlight. While BulletShield™, used in bulletproof glass, spreads out and absorbs impact force stopping it passing through to your screen.
Since 2005, tech21 has been developing the most advanced, scientifically proven cases and screen shields for mobile, tablet and laptop devices worldwide. tech21 combines science, engineering and British design to create products that address three core consumer benefits: style, protection and performance. As the brand evolves to continue meeting the needs of its consumers, tech21 has developed the most advanced impact protection material on the market – FlexShock™. The ultra-thin and lightweight material absorbs and dissipates force and can withstand drops up to 13 feet. In addition, tech21 puts all its products through a rigorous testing program, and in an industry first has partnered with the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) to develop its testing methodology. This ensures that the tests tech21 products have to pass are overseen by independent experts. Tech21 is the number one case brand in the UK. For more information, visit tech21.com.